Sunday, December 2, 2012

My reluctant Journey to Kabul - Story of Snow

First let me give some brief introduction about myself,its not that its required,most of the inhabitants of this Planet Know me.But,still let me do it. Depending on which Language you use ,in English they call me "Snow", in Persian they call me "برف" and in Kashmiri they call me "Sheen". I am usually found in mountains,in some cities found seasonally,and in some rare locations for whole of the Year.Reason I am here,is to share my reluctant journey to a Unique city with a Unique History- My reluctant journey to Kabul.A city with History ,Culture ,birth place of Invaders , and what not .. As I make descend towards Kabul , crossing Hindu Kush mountains ,my reluctance is quite palpable otherwise I am quite happy to show my presence elsewhere even in far away kashmir , where last two Decades have also seen what Kabul has been facing for several Decades. I remember the Era when soviets had not arrived on the scene,it had not become a "ring" for settling Cold War ,internal Fights of mujahedin ,was not part of Strategic Depth , neither was part of Islam v/s west nor war on Terror. It was hunky dory place with Gay Faces. Oh , I really Miss those days ... I am aghast when people, away from this land, want to use it for furthering their arguments, interests ,novels, write ups, narratives, political and religious affiliations.It pains me . Next two years are crucial , I cant make any prophecy but it seems situation will not come back to the Era I aspire for .. I sense , I will have to make these reluctant journeys for some time to come ... an unfortunate witness to the miseries of Afghans -
PS - These photos are of November,2012 and are taken by ZOHRA NAJWA,resident of Kabul.I had met her during my Visit to Kabul

2 comments:

  1. it is a historic coincidence that when we went into exile on 17th April 1990.My first few days of exile were with Raju Moza in a palce which was full of insects , bitches & snakes .. A godown which was unfit by all respects for human beings with no Power connectivity & solace was that there was canal next door.

    It was home to at least 20+ families and we were allocated VUZ (entry way ) to stay in by that elderly KP couple for 3 days :) Hope Raju ji remembers those 3 days fo Meraan Sahibh .

    Today after 22.5 years , it may look filmsy set or Raj Kapoor era movie script but we rose from that dust of exile. Pain of motherland and its Exile is worst than tooth ache.

    Regards ,

    veer Ji Wangoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice to hear from you sir,
    you are wonderful person as i know you and when you had a speech at that International Conference in Grand Hotel that was fantastic and our friendship has started since then, and Inshallah it will be evergreen. .
    of course it feels wonderful when i hear some nice words about Afghanistan from your side.

    Inshallah you will visit Afghanistan again and again


    Best Regards
    Abdul Bari Ahmadzai

    ReplyDelete