Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Curfewed Night - Rumaged the Past

was reading Curfewed Night book yesterday , in fact , was second day of my reading and finished reading at around midnight but could nt sleep for hours , a sense desperation , despair engulfed me , wondered all possible reprieve to the present Quagmire of Kashmiri Muslim . Right now in my office , book again on my table , wondering what can I do to turn the clock back to pre 89 . I am certain , I wouldnt be able to do anything to this complex problem . I am Kashmiri Pandit , left in 1990 , and great desire to go back but quite convinced that Kashmir no more is place for KP. My despair to see situation normal is not with a objective that I should go back , but it has more to do with my sense of roots ,I feel that my roots are in conflict, that are in displeasure , and those roots are very close to my Heart . Islam , pakistan , India , autonomy to me external punctuations made by alter ego of a human being , but for me my roots are intertwined in violence . I want to escape from that excruciating pain , where in my roots are not at ease . Alas , being a close observer of kashmiri politics and having understanding of historical perspectives , I know situation wont move back and I will have to bear the pain , till the very end .... rendezvous with that very "end" I am sure will be away from my roots , away from where my grand father , grand mother was cremated , cremation ground near balgarden, batmaloo sringar kashmir.....

5 comments:

  1. Cant beleive Raju Moza my friend from Malapora Kashmir is my fellow Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khaqsar , where in malapora u used to live , study...do connect ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never knew raju u got such good writing skills man.................. i am definately respecting ur emotions but i can't stop myself for appreciating ur writing skills gud work keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Simran thanks , do we know each other I cant figure it out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raju Moza,

    You should come to my hometown in Mattan, Anantnag and stay with us. You would see Kashmiri Pandit houses next to Muslim and Sikh houses. You would see a Mandir next to a Gurduwara with a Masjid in front of it. You would see a vibrant community of people with diverse religions and cultural practices.

    You would also see Pandit houses where the residents have left it all behind and gone abroad. You would see that nobody has touched those houses and they remain as they were left.

    So how can you say that Kashmir is not for Kashmiri Pandits anymore?

    I can understand and even come to accept if you say Kashmir is not for you (Raju) anymore...but to make that global statement about all of the Kashmiri Pandits seems rather problematic, especially for those Kashmiri Pandits who live in my hometown....or do you think they also should leave their homes and migrate?

    Love from your new friend,

    Amjad

    ReplyDelete